Feeling self-assured at our successful spotting of the castle without any real directions, we ventured up a windy gravel road towards the base of the hill. We found parking area and began our hike. The path began very wide and paved but soon transformed into a rocky trail. We followed this trail, until there was nothing of the sort left.
The precise history of this castle is unknown; however it is suspected that it was build by Armenian Crown Prince Leo III sometime between 1270-1289. This castle contains a cistern, storerooms, chapel, other rooms and several interior gates. Ancient mythology states that the castle was owned by a ruler who was half man and half snake and used snakes to enforce his will.
The view from any window in this castle could hold the attention of even a child for a long time. There simply is nothing else like it.